With proper care, your rugs can provide years of pleasure, gracing your home for generations.
Here are a few basic tips on caring for your fine area rugs:
- Use a high-quality rug pad for added comfort and protection against wear.
- Rotate your rugs annually to ensure even wear.
- Use appropriate window coverings to safeguard valuable rugs from sun exposure, or install UV-blocking window films.
- Don't place potted plants directly on the rug to avoid water damage.
- Regular vacuuming helps prevent dirt on the surface of the rug from filtering down into the pile where it can accumulate and cause increased wear. If your vacuum has a power brush or "beater bar", use just the plain vacuum nozzle, especially on fringes, which are easily damaged.
- Clean all spills immediately and do not use soap or bleach. First, absorb the spill with paper towels by gently dabbing from the edge of the spill towards the center to keep it from spreading. Next, place paper towels under the spill to prevent further damage to the backing. To ensure stain removal, call Kite's promptly for a professional cleaning.
- Schedule routine professional cleaning every 12-18 months, depending on the amount of traffic the rug receives.